Shell Northern Slope & Alaska
Lean was tasked by Shell to design a shipping container that would be used for shipments to and from wellsites on the Northern Slope and Alaska. These tools would travel via barge and ice road trucks going through some of the toughest terrain as well as some of the most volatile temperature changes. All other suppliers failed to deliver a reliable product as Shell’s tools were damaged upon arrival on 100% of their shipments.
- Tools arrived on site in perfect condition.
- Lean containers allowed wellsite workers to safely remove equipment without the use of tools.
- Reduced the amount of wellsite workers needed to remove tools.
- Reduced the amount of time to remove tools from over 45 minutes to just under 5 minutes.
- Reduced footprint by over 50 percent.
- Captured all waste when tools were placed back into the container.